With the large number and variety of fruits that are presented to us throughout the summer, we may not have enjoyed the tasty peach to the fullest. Luckily, in September the last varieties of the season arrive, some large-caliber peaches, juicy, aromatic and very sweet, which we can take advantage of in sweet and savory recipes.
To those who are passionate about this stone fruit we have been able to taste it since the end of April, when the first copies arrive on the market. But it is in the middle of summer when quality peaches are harvested, culminating now with the collection in northern areas such as Aragón and Lérida. The wait was worth it.Live to the PalateSeven recipes with peppers to enjoy your season
Is at the end of August when the peaches with Calanda Designation of Origin are harvested, mainly grown in the Lower Aragón area. Nearby regions now also harvest their peaches, when the season in the southern and southeastern part of our country has ended for weeks.
They are peaches that stand out for its good caliber and fragrant aroma, which warns of the great flavor and sweetness that keeps the pulp. A delight to enjoy the natural, but with which we can also prepare many recipes. You can simply substitute the stone fruit of other preparations for these peaches, or try these sweet and savory proposals that we bring you today.
Sweet wine peaches
- Ingredients for 4 people. 3 peaches, sweet white wine (muscat, for example) or red wine and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Elaboration. We start washing and peeling the peaches, we remove the bone and cut into small pieces. We put in a container that we can close tightly, add a teaspoon of cinnamon and enough white wine to be covered. We close and let it macerate 24 hours. They can be made with red wine, but with white wine they are softer.
- Ingredients for 4 people. 2 eggs L, 80 g of sugar, salt, 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence, 30 g of unroasted ground almonds, 20 g of wheat flour, 100 g of crème fraîche, 2 large washed and peeled peaches, butter, sugar icing and rolled almond to garnish.
- Elaboration. We preheat the oven to 180º with heat up and down. Beat the eggs, sugar, pinch of salt and vanilla essence until it increases in volume and becomes whitish. Add the sifted flour next to the almond and stir. Add the crème fraîche and beat a few more seconds. Grease four molds with butter, and distribute one of the sliced peaches. We pour the cream until lightly covered and laminate the other peach on top. Bake for about 30 minutes until the mixture has set and the surface is lightly browned. Remove from the oven and serve warm or cold. We can sprinkle with rolled almonds and icing sugar.
Pannacotta with caramelized peaches and almonds
- Ingredients for 4 people. 3 peaches, 4 g of gelatin in leaves, 500 ml of liquid cream, 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence, 150 g of sugar (100 g + 50 g), 40 g of roasted almonds without salt.
- Elaboration. We will start by hydrating the gelatin leaves in a bowl with plenty of cold water for 10 minutes. In a saucepan we pour the cream with 100 g of sugar and vanilla. Heat and just when it starts to boil, remove and add the drained gelatin sheets. We divide into four cups and let cool in the fridge for a minimum of four hours or until set. Turn on the oven at 150º C. In another bowl we cook 50 ml of water with 50 g of sugar until it boils. We add the almonds leaving them a minute in that syrup. We drain them by reserving the syrup. We put them on a baking sheet with baking paper and caramelize them 10 minutes; remove and let cool. Peel and cut the peaches into small dice, put them in the syrup and cook 15 minutes. We let them cool. At serving time we toss the caramelized peaches on top of the pannacotta and decorate with the almonds.
- Ingredients for 4 people. 8 halves of peaches, 1/2 cooked chicken breast or the remains of a roast, 2 eggs, 6 tablespoons of pink sauce, 8 cooked prawns, 24 black Aragon olives, 2 oranges, lettuce mix, olive oil, vinegar Balsamic and salt.
- Elaboration. Cook the eggs and chicken in salt water for about ten minutes, cool and chop very often with a knife. If we have traces of roasted chicken we can use the breast. In a bowl we mix both with pink sauce and fill each half of peach, then joining them two by two halves so that they stick together. We peel the oranges alive and break them into dice. In the serving dish we have the mezclum, we place the stuffed peach in the center, we distribute the orange and olives on top. Sauté the shrimp tails in a pan with a few drops of oil and serve them next to the peaches. Dress or serve with pink sauce.
Toasted rye bread and walnuts with fresh cheese, spinach and peach
- Ingredients for 1 person. 1 peach, lemon juice, 1 medium slice of cereal rye bread, 2-4 tablespoons of fresh cheese or cottage cheese, 1 bunch of spinach sprouts, sesame, black pepper, Provencal herbs, extra virgin olive oil and salt.
- Elaboration. Wash the peach well, peel (optional) and cut the bone into small cubes. Mix with lemon juice and place in an ovenproof container. Bake at 200 ° C for about 15 minutes, or until it is very tender and somewhat broken. Reserve. Cut the slice of bread with at least one finger of thickness. Toast lightly if desired and cover with a good layer of cheese or cottage cheese. Give a stroke of black pepper and a point of salt and add the leaves of baby spinach sprouts. Place the peach on top and add sesame, Provencal herbs and a little pepper. Water with a thread of olive oil.
Caprese salad with peach
- Ingredients for 2 people. 200 g of fresh mozzarella, 2 medium tomatoes, 1 large peach, fresh basil, salt, extra virgin olive oil and Modena vinegar.
- Elaboration. Wash and dry the tomatoes, peach and basil leaves. We cut slices of equal size of tomato, peach and mozzarella. In a large presentation plate we alternately place the peach, mozarrella, tomato and basil wheels, until the dish is completed. We make the dressing for our salad with salt, olive oil and Modena vinegar to taste. We water the salad just when we take it to the table to take it.
Smoothie or creamy peach and yogurt smoothie
- Ingredients for 4 people. 500 g of ripe peach, 150 g of natural Greek yogurt, 5 ml of lime or lemon juice, necessary milk, orange juice (optional), honey to taste (optional), mint, peppermint or fresh basil.
- Elaboration. Wash the peaches well, peel and chop them, discarding the bones. Place them in a freezer bag and put them in the freezer for at least one hour. Beat the Greek yogurt with some rods and mix it with a little honey (optional, it is not necessary if the fruit is sweet). Place the frozen peach in a chopper or blender and begin to crush. Add yogurt and lemon juice and continue to chop until you get a homogeneous texture. Add a little milk or orange juice, little by little, if it is too thick. Correct the point of sweetness by adding or honey to taste, only if it was really necessary. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge.