One of the best activities to do with kids is cooking together. It is a great way to share good moments and create beautiful memories, learn to manage in the kitchen and can also be a lot of fun. We must dare with all kinds of dishes, but we will not deny that sweets are always more attractive, so we have selected 17 easy cake recipes to make with children.
I started in the kitchen spending summer afternoons with my cousins making pies, when the sun was still too tight to go out. That is why it seems like a good time to encourage us to cook with the kids and give us some homemade treat, always without abuse. Must adapt tasks to their age and never leave them unattended, but all are very easy recipes with which you will enjoy helping us as much or more than eating them later.
Easy cakes with chocolate
We start with a selection of easy cake recipes with chocolate, which is after all the favorite flavor of almost all children. When we work with chocolate, you already know that there may be some more stains, but it is part of the charm of having a good time with the little ones. I recommend melting the chocolate in a water bath with very low heat, and letting them cook the utensils while baking the cake. I confess that I keep doing it even if I am cooking alone.
1. Three chocolate cake
- Ingredients. For the base: 200 g of Maria cookies, 100 g of butter; For the filling of dark chocolate: 150 g of pastry dark chocolate, 200 ml of 35% MG cream, 200 ml of milk, 1 envelope of curd; for milk chocolate: 150 g of pastry milk chocolate, 200 ml of 35% MG cream, 200 ml of milk, 1 packet of curd; for white chocolate: 150 g of white chocolate pastry, 200 ml of 35% MG cream, 200 ml of milk, 1 envelope of curd.
- Elaboration. Crush the cookies, add the melted butter and cover by pressing the bottom of a round mold covered with baking paper. We booked in the fridge. Heat the cream and 100 ml of milk to heat, dissolve the curd in the remaining milk. Melt the dark chocolate in the hot milk, add the rest with the dissolved curd and take it while stirring, boiling for two minutes or so watching that it does not stick to the bottom of the pot. It is important that it boils so that the curd works and the cream is solid. We pour the cream on top of the base and let it rest so that it sets. We prepare the other two layers following the same process, pouring the creams over each other gently. We leave a minimum of six hours in the refrigerator so that it sets perfectly and carefully unmold once very cold.
Link | Three chocolate cake
2. Jack Skellington Chocolate Cake
- Ingredients. 70 g of pastry flour, 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon of fine salt, 75 g of unsalted butter, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence, 4 L eggs, 75 g of sugar, 200 g of cream cheese, 50 g of icing sugar, black pasta food coloring.
- Elaboration. Preheat the oven to 180ºC and prepare a removable round mold of about 20 cm. Line or grease.Tamize flour with cocoa powder and salt. Arrange the eggs with the sugar in a bowl and beat with a whisk until they double in size. Add the flour with the cocoa and mix with rods. Add the butter and vanilla, and mix gently. Fill the mold and bake for about 20-25 minutes. Wait 10 minutes out of the oven, unmold and place face down on a rack. Drain the cream cheese and beat with some rods. Add the icing sugar and beat. When the cake is cold, arrange a layer on the top without leading to the edges. Mix the rest of the cheese with black dye and make the drawing you want with a pastry bag.
Link | Jack Skellington Chocolate Cake
3. Quick chocolate cake
- Ingredients. 250 g of puff pastry, 200 g of dark chocolate or milk, 4 eggs, 500 g of crème fraîche and 80 g of sugar.
- Elaboration. We start by spreading the puff pastry and place it in a cake pan previously greased or coated with nonstick paper. With a fork we chop the bottom of the dough. We reserve Melt the chocolate over low heat together with two tablespoons of water. It is important to stir constantly. While stirring, slowly add the sugar until it integrates very well with the chocolate. Add the eggs one by one while stirring and the cream. Finally, we empty the chocolate preparation in the mold with the dough and place in a hot oven at 200ºC for about 25 minutes.
Link | Chocolate cake
4. Vegan chocolate cake without eggs or dairy
- Ingredients. 150 g of flour, 50 g of unsweetened cocoa powder, 170 g of sugar, 200 ml of water, 1 heaped tablespoon of soluble decaffeinated coffee, 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla essence, 70 ml sunflower oil, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, icing sugar.
- Elaboration. Preheat the oven to 180ºC and grease a removable round mold. Prepare instant coffee, letting it cool. Sift flour with cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add the sugar and mix with some rods. In another bowl, beat the coffee, vinegar, vanilla and oil with the rods. Incorporate both preparations, mixing gently and pour into the mold. Bake for about 25 minutes. Wait a little before unmolding and let cool completely on a rack. Garnish with icing sugar to taste.
Link | Vegan chocolate and coffee cake
5. Philadelphia Cheesecake with Milka
- Ingredients. 250 gr of ground biscuits, 150 g of melted butter, 300 g of Philadelphia cheese with Milka, 150 g of classic Philadelphia, 2 tablespoons of flour, 3 tablespoons of sugar, 3 eggs, 150 ml of liquid cream, zest of an orange .
- Elaboration. Mix the melted butter with the cookies and line a circular mold. We put in the oven while it is preheated to 170º, so that it is done. In a bowl, beat the cheese tubs, add the cream, sugar and flour and integrate them by moving the rods. We incorporate the eggs one by one and finally add the orange zest. Remove the base from the oven, fill it with our mixture and bake it for about 45 minutes at 150º. When that time passes, we turn off the oven and let the cake cool inside and take to the fridge.
Link | Philadelphia Cheesecake with Milka
6. Chocolate Cola Cake
- Ingredients. 250 g of flour, 1 sachet of yeast, 200 g of icing sugar, 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 250 g of butter, 200 ml of Coca-Cola, 225 ml of whole milk, 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Elaboration. We start sifting the flour, sugar, cocoa and baking soda, mix them with a spoon to integrate. Apart, we beat the eggs with the liquid vanilla. In a saucepan we melt the butter, add the Coca-Cola, when they have mixed add the milk, leave a few seconds and remove from heat. We add the eggs and the butter mixture to the flour mixture, stirring while adding everything. We gently stir until a lump-free dough is obtained. We toss it in a greased mold and place it in the preheated oven at 180º for about 45 minutes, or until it is cleaned with a toothpick.
Link | Chocolate Cola Cake
7. Chocolate and banana cake
- Ingredients. 250 g of puff pastry, 200 g of dark chocolate, 3 bananas, 100 g of sugar, 3 eggs, 200 ml of milk and a teaspoon of vanilla concentrate.
- Elaboration. Flatten the puff pastry and cover a mold. We heat the milk until it reaches its boiling point. We remove it immediately and add the chocolate into pieces. Stir well until well melted. Beat the eggs apart by adding the sugar little by little and pour the vanilla. Now mix the melted chocolate until they are integrated. We pour over puff pastry. We put in the hot oven at 180ºC about 25 minutes. Peel and cut the bananas into slices. Remove the cake from the oven and place the banana slices on it. Sprinkle some sugar and bake again for another 15 minutes.
Link | Chocolate and Banana Cake
8. The typical biscuit and chocolate cake of your birthday
- Ingredients. 1 package and a half of cookies, 100 ml of milk, 15 ml of Amaretto, 500 g of cocoa cream and hazelnuts, 200 g of chocolate fondant, 100 g of liquid cream, 40 g of icing sugar, 20 g of butter, noodles of chocolate and M & M's to decorate
- Elaboration. We line or grease a rectangular mold. Lightly stir the cocoa cream in the microwave and with two or three 30-second heat strokes, at medium power, stirring. Mix the milk and liquor in a bowl and dip the cookies, covering the base of the mold. Cover with a layer of cocoa cream and hazelnuts, and another of wet cookies. We make alternate layers until we finish the cream, finishing with cookies. Cover the mold with sulfurized paper and leave in the fridge for an hour. Unmold and place, face down, on a rack on top of a tray. We prepare the bath, melting the chocolate, cream and sugar to the water bath. Beat until homogenized and add the butter, whisking. We pour the bathroom on the cake spreading well on the sides and decorate to taste.
Link | The typical cake of cookies and chocolate of the birthday of your life
9. Warm banana and chocolate cake
- Ingredients. 1 sheet of broken dough, 4 small ripe bananas, 200 g of chocolate desserts, 200 ml of liquid cream, 100 ml of milk, 3 L eggs, 50 g of sugar.
- Elaboration. We preheat the oven to 200ºC. Stretch the broken dough into a mold and cover it with a baking paper by adding dried legumes. We bake ten minutes. Heat the cream in a small bowl together with the chocolate until it melts. Peel the bananas and cut into slices. Remove the dough from the oven and remove the paper and legumes. We extend our chocolate ganache, we place the banana slices well extended. In a bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar and milk, pour over the banana. We lower the oven to 180 degrees and bake for twenty minutes.
Link | Easy cake warm banana and chocolate
Easy cakes with fruits
Another good option for not always having to resort to chocolate are fruit pies. If we have children at home who find it difficult to eat fruit, they will become more accustomed to eating it, much more if they take care of adding it to the dough. Many of these recipes can be adapted by changing fruits for others to use your favorites or to be encouraged to try new flavors.
10. Apple, almond and cinnamon cake
- Ingredients. 75 g of soft butter, 75 g of sugar, 1 M egg, 50 g of ground almonds, 25 g of wheat flour, 1/2 teaspoon of chemical impeller, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 250 g of apple, 10 g of icing sugar and 20 g of rolled almonds.
- Elaboration. We grease and flour an 18 cm detachable mold. In a large bowl, mix the butter, sugar and egg, beat with electric rods until you get a homogeneous mixture. Add the ground almonds, the flour, the impeller and the cinnamon. Remove. Peel the apples and descorazonamos, weighed to get 250 g, grate and add it to the previous mixture. We pour the dough into the mold and spread it throughout the surface. We introduce in the preheated oven at 180 ºC and cook the cake 30-35 minutes. Remove and let it cool completely on a rack, before unmolding. Cover the surface with rolled almonds and sprinkle with icing sugar at the time of serving.
Link | Apple, almond and cinnamon cake to show off
11. Pear and apple pie
- Ingredients. 1 apple, 2 pears, 2 eggs, 80 ml of milk, 80 g of sugar, 80 g of flour, 8 g of chemical yeast, 40 g of butter, 1 pinch of salt, icing sugar.
- Elaboration. We heat the oven to 180º with heat up and down without air. Beat the eggs with the sugar and the pinch of salt until they sponge. Gradually add milk and warm melted butter. We join with the sifted flour and yeast while we continue beating. In a round or square, greased and lightly floured mold of 20 cm, we place thin slices of peeled apple, pour over half of the dough, place pear slices and cover with the rest of the dough. Bake for half an hour, until lightly browned and curdled. We let it temper, unmold and serve sprinkled with icing sugar.
Link | Pear and Apple Pie
12. Simple strawberry cake
- Ingredients. 190 g of flour, 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of chemical yeast, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 85 g of soft butter, 200 g of sugar, 1 L egg, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 120 ml of milk and 400 g of strawberries
- Elaboration. We preheat the oven to 180ºC and grease a 21-22 cm mold. We wash, peel and cut the strawberries. In a bowl mix the flour, salt and yeast. In an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar for 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and continue beating until the mixture is homogeneous. We gradually add the flour and milk, alternating and whisking. We put the dough in the mold and smooth it. Place the strawberries, sprinkle with sugar and bake the first 10 minutes at 180ºC, then reduce to 160ºC and bake for about 1 hour.
Link | Simple Strawberry Pie
13. Apple and honey cake
- Ingredients. 200g of puff pastry, 2 apples, 3 tablespoons of raspberry jam, 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Elaboration. We spread the dough and cut it into rectangles about 20 cm long. We place them on a greased baking sheet or coated with non-stick paper. Peel the apples and cut them into thin segments about 3 millimeters thick. We spread the jam evenly over each rectangle of dough and arrange the apple wedges over the jam. We pour the honey over the apples and sprinkle with the sugar. Finally we place in a hot oven at 180ºC for approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
Link | Apple pie and easy honey
14. Ultra-thin apple and vanilla cake
- Ingredients. A sheet of puff pastry, 4 Golden apples, one lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence, 1 tablespoon of vanilla sugar, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons of apricot jam and rolled almond to decorate.
- Elaboration. Squeeze the lemon juice and mix with the vanilla. Peel the apples and descorazonamosmos. We cut in half and in thin slices. We mix them with the lemon. We spread the puff pastry on a baking sheet with sulfurized paper. We place the apple, without reaching the edge. We fold the edge inwards. Mix the two types of sugar and sprinkle the. We introduce in the preheated oven at 220ºC and bake first with the heat only at the bottom for 5 minutes. Then we switch to heat up and down and leave it for 10 more minutes. Mix the apricot jam with a teaspoon of water and heat it slightly. With the help of a brush we brush the entire surface with it. We serve with roasted almonds roasted on the surface.
Link | Ultra-thin apple and vanilla cake
15. Fine apple and white chocolate cake
- Ingredients. 3 Pink lady apples, 1 M egg, 10 g of brown sugar, 100 g of cream, 100 g of white chocolate, 60 g of flour, ¼ teaspoon of baking soda, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 20 g of butter for grease.
- Elaboration. Peel and cut the apples into thin slices and mix them with the lemon. Grease a removable mold and place half of the apples. We preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Heat the cream in the microwave for half a minute and add the chopped white chocolate, stirring well to melt it. Let it warm. Add the egg, then the flour and baking soda, mix and pour over the apples. Add the rest of the slices, sprinkle with the brown sugar and bake for 15 minutes.
Link | Fine apple and white chocolate cake
16. Orange quick pie
- Ingredients. 100 g of sugar, 100 g of soft butter, 100 g of flour, 10 g of chemical impeller, 2 eggs, zest of 1 orange, 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence, 1 tablespoon of orange jam.
- Elaboration. Preheat the oven to 180ºC and prepare a round 18 cm mold. To prepare the mixture, we beat the sugar with the buttered butter, that is, soft but not melted and stir until obtaining a homogeneous paste. Add the eggs and mix until incorporated. Add the flour, the impeller, the orange zest and the vanilla. We mix well. When we have a creamy dough we pour it into the mold and bake for 30-35 minutes. Let stand for a few minutes before unmolding so that it does not break.
Link | Orange Quick Cake
17. Cake with strawberry and cream crêpes
- Ingredients. 125 g of flour, 250 g of milk, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, 1 pinch of sugar and 1 pinch of salt. For assembly: 500 ml of whipping cream, 75 g of sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 200 g of strawberries, icing sugar.
- Elaboration. We start making the crêpes, for this we beat all the ignoredients until it is well integrated. Let stand in the fridge for at least 20 minutes. Grease a nonstick skillet and put it on high heat. We pour a portion of dough and let it do until it has browned, turn it over and brown it on the other side. As we make them we keep them stacked on a plate. We ride the cream with vanilla and sugar. Place a crêpe on the plate, spread a little cream and cover with another crêpe, repeat until finished. We decorate the cake by spreading the strawberries on the surface and sprinkling with the ground sugar.
Link | Cake with strawberry crêpes and cream for a special occasion